REQUESTS ARE: CLOSED
Thank you for participating in Icon Day 22! All of the requests posted before the cutoff will be drawn, and everyone who tipped will get two icons plus a bonus dinosaur icon. Keep an eye on my journal for progress updates and ustream sessions!
The batch of icons from Icon Day 21 are finished and posted - http://djinni.livejournal.com/402875.ht
You are invited to leave a request for an icon! There are a few rules for the requests, and I would appreciate it if you gave those a read before leaving your request comment. Then, feel free to leave your request! A lj account is not required. You can leave an anonymous comment, or use your facebook or g+ account. If you leave an anonymous comment and it doesn't show up, I can still see it.
You can leave a request for a free icon, or you can leave a tip. I'm a self-employed artist, and I certainly appreciate tips, but they are not required. Can't afford to tip? Feel like getting something for free? You are welcome to ask for a gift! :)
- Please link back to this post if you request an icon. Help me get the word out!
- If you're not familiar with my art, check out the link above, to the last Icon Day batch, to get an idea for the sort of fantasy cartoon work I do! Please make sure that your request and any images or text you link to are all-ages appropriate. What I mean by this, is that I ask that you not link to pictures that contain anatomically correct nudity (barbie-doll nudity is fine) or mature subject matter.
- Request ideas: you, your character, your favorite animal, your pet... and feel free to add a theme, like your favorite historical costuming, your favorite holiday, your favorite food, etc. Listening to music, eating sushi, enjoying a tasty beverage, or lounging with shades are popular themes. If you team up with a friend or your partner, you can both leave requests (one as a reply to the other, so I don't leave track!) for paired icons that match up together, which is fun.
- One icon per person, and one character or subject per request. A small pet like a cat is fine to include, but I reserve the right to draw requests that contain multiple characters on a case-by-case basis.
- No fanart, fan characters or cosplay icons, sorry. This means I'm not drawing icons of your character dressed in Hogwarts robes, your WoW character, Rainbow Dash, a pokemon, your character dressed as one of the Doctors, etc. Though it grieves me, not even Batman, alas. Also, if your reference is of a real person, please make sure it is of you or a friend, and not an actor or model, unless you have permission or the person is a historical figure. D&D and World Tree characters are okay, and I can draw a picture of your character as a brightly colored tiny horse, in my own style.
- Please keep the format in mind, with your request. I'm drawing these at 2"x2", and reducing them to lj icon sized tiny pictures. This lends itself well to head shots and simple props, but not complex actions, full body-shots, or background scenes.
- I reserve the right to modify or interpret requests which break the rules any way I see fit, up to and including drawing a cat in a fez.
- The icons will not be mailed out. You will receive a 100x100 pixel icon in jpg format. I will post the icons as a reply to your request comment, and also in a big batch post, like the one linked above. So, make sure you have comment notification turned on, follow my livejournal, or check back to find your art! I post the icons once all are done, to be fair to those who are at the bottom of the list.
- I have done this 21 times, now, and have drawn several thousand icons for you fine internet folks. The amount of time this takes me will depend on the number of requests I receive, but all of the requests that make it in before the cutoff will be drawn, so no worries there. The batch will take between roughly one and three months, depending on interest. They will get done!
- Based on feedback from folks, a longer request window is appreciated. Requests will be open until Wednesday, May 2nd, when I wake up in the morning. I know my limits, and if the number of requests approaches that, I'll make an announcement and close requests early. Otherwise, hop on in and ask for an icon!
There are tip incentives for folks who leave something in the tip jar! If you do tip, please make sure you let me know in your request. If you intend to tip, but have not yet done so, please leave a follow-up comment so I am not left with a puzzling mystery. You are on the honor system.
This round, the incentives are as follows:
$1000 - if tips should reach $1000, I will be ustreaming my other projects, as well - I can't commit to streaming every moment I am at my art desk, but I will choose interesting projects to share throughout the duration I work on batch #22, and include at least one session where I draw doodles for folks on command.
There is also the option of requesting a 3.5"x5.5" picture. These are in addition to your icon request, and are matted and shipped to you! You can see examples of these, too, in the post for the last batch. For $30, I will draw an illustration with a background, based on your prompt - an animal, a creature, a scene, etc. For $40, I will draw a picture of your specific character or two characters. These do not include the publication rights to the images, and I reserve the right to make prints, etc. of the $30 prompts. I won't be making prints with your specific characters.
If you're interested in one of these, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your livejournal name, your mailing address, and a description of what you'd like me to draw. This helps me to keep track of your picture, to make sure that you get what you'd like, and that it gets sent out to you. Thank you very much!
And, as always, you can send any questions or need to get hold of me, pop an email off to email@example.com
And, here is a tip jar. Tips are through Paypal, but you don't need a Paypal account, just a credit or debit card.